The Chamna Temple |Special Subjects|Nyingchi Subject|History and Religion 文章标题,heytibet
  Home > Article system > Special Subjects > Nyingchi Subject > History and Religion > Article detail    [Back]
The Chamna Temple

The Chamna Temple is located in Tiechung Ling of Chamna township in Menlin county, about one kilometer away from the local government. The temple covers an area of 5088 square meters, with the floorage of 7542.2 square meters. At present there are nine monks in the temple. In 15th century, the temple was built in a valley in Chamna, belonging to the Kagyu Sect. Later because of the earthquake, in 1953 it was moved to the present place, and turned to follow the Geluk Sect. Till now the statue of the head of the Pig and the statue of the Chamba Buddha of his childhood are worshipped in the temple.
  Related Article
  • The Renchen Ben Temple
  • The Tashi Rabden Temple
  • The Samdo Phelri Temple
  • The Phaga Temple
  • The Bugyur Lamalin Temple
  • Religious Sects, Temples and
  • The History Recorded in the
  •  
    Copy Right 2007 THE TEA HORSE ROAD INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AGENCY
    Address: Sun Island city of Lhasa, Tibet all the way on the 20th Sunshine Garden on the 10th floor of Block D , China

    Tel: 86+891+6820222 6820088 6820288 6820055 6835500 400-678-7711   Fax: 86+891+6394933

    E-mail:heytibet@163.com  heytibet@sohu.com  Msn:xzls0891@hotmail.com